To make the learning journey more exciting and memorable, Environment Corner features a couple of technologies for users to experience while gaining new knowledge about the environment. The programs and modules available were specifically made focusing on the importance of climate change and ways to take care of it.
Virtual Reality (VR)
Climate Change Virtual Reality (VR) for is an interactive and immersive learning experience that give students the chance to experience virtually and engage in active learning environment. There are 4 modules that enables user to understand better on Climate Change which are Industrial Emission, Pollution Source, Waste Segregation, Mitigation and Adaptation.
Augmented Reality (AR)
Augmented Reality (AR) via Climate Change AR Powered Book allows Gen Z students to engage in active learning environment. The Climate Change AR Powered Book is one of the tools that aims to give a better understanding to users and also raise their awareness on Climate Change.
Gamification is added to make students’ learning journey more fun. It increases their attention span and the knowledge gained will be retained longer. It is proven that learning through experience has life long benefits, hence gamification aims to bring in as close as to real life experience in virtual environment. There are 2 games available for users to play. The first game is Trash It Right and it aims to help students in gaining a better understanding on waste and recycling items by providing them a fun and interactive platform to practice on how to recycle items properly. The second game is a wordsearch which has 3 levels for users to experience.
Environment Corner Application
Reference center and equipped with latest Technologies
Promote creativity and increase technical know-how
Introduction session for students to explore about IR 4.0 technologies
Showcase to attract and to encourage students in learning the environment
Promoting the importance of environment
Participate in environment related event
Why IR4.0 Corner
- Library is a reference center which should be equipped with new IR4.0 technologies which act as a driver of innovation.
- Attraction points for students to access and explore new IR4.0 technologies.
- Interactive contents (AR, VR & MR) are vital to prepare students to meet current industries needs and future labour market.
- Empower students with attitude, knowledge and skills for sustainable development.
- Blending teaching method which requires minimum 30 minutes weekly commitment.
- AR Powered Book as reference book for environmental subject.
- Participation in Annual Environmental Conference.
- Train the Trainers (TOT) Program to upskill instructors technical knowledge and skills in new technologies.